Brian Madden sure makes it easy to attend BriForum 2008 in Chicago. Not only does he build a great conference but he also gives you the template letter to use for your boss.
Dear [Insert Your Boss’ Name Here]:
I would like to attend BriForum 2008 in Chicago, June 16-18, 2008. I’m certain that attending this independent, highly technical conference will help me increase my own value to our organization. Here’s what they are offering:
- BriForum is the only independent, deeply technical, application delivery conference of it’s kind: the sessions are 100% technical, they contain no commercial propaganda, and include plenty of hands-on labs.
- Over 50 technical breakout sessions will cover the latest in Application Delivery and Application Virtualization, including technologies like server-based computing (Citrix, Terminal Server, etc.), application streaming (MS Softricity, Altiris SVS, etc.), and application virtualization (VDI, thin clients, etc.).
- With so many sessions to choose from, it will be impossible to attend every single one. Therefore, all of the sessions are video-recorded, and the videos and mp3s will be made available on the BriForum website for attendees to view–forever.
- Twenty-five of the world’s leading Application Delivery experts will not only present the technical sessions, but they will be on-site for all three days, allowing ample time for us to pick their brains.
- A chance to network with 500 expert Application Delivery users and thought leaders from around the world.
- BriForum is hosted by the Brian Madden Company, led by Brian Madden, a world renowned independent technology analyst, author, trainer, speaker, and consultant. For more information on Brian or the Brian Madden Company, visit http://www.brianmadden.com.
- BriForum 2008 Chicago is sixth BriForum event, and it is getting stronger every year. To read more about previous BriForum events, visit http://www.briforum.com.
- Registration fees cover the following: entry into the event; breakfast all three days; lunch all three days; Monday evening networking party, including dinner and drinks; free WiFi throughout the entire event facility; lifetime access to all presentation materials, including videos and mp3s of each session.
This event is only held twice each year; once in the United States and once in Europe. From the previous years’ forum feedback, it looks like most learned a great deal and would attend again. I think it would be well worth the investment. Feel free to check out more details about BriForum yourself at http://www.briforum.com. Thank for your consideration.
[your name here]
All the needs to happen is to replace a few words at top and bottom, enter the email address of your boss and press send. How very kind!
Seriously, BriForum is coming up in June in Chicago and from what I know about the industry and having seen the end of one of Brian’s classes in Brisbane, it should be an ideal event to attend.
Perhaps the best angle comes from being independent. It is not a sales/marketing pitch but rather a technology pitch. The truly serious technologist in the Citrix space should seriously consider going.